This is the most basic Risotto that I cook using my rice cooker. The amount might be not enough for 2 servings. My husband could eat it all by himself easily. I usually add extra ingredients such as Mushrooms, Spinach, Peas, etc. If you want the texture of the Risotto wetter than it looks in the photo, add slightly more Stock.
2 Small Servings
1 tablespoon Olive Oil *OR Butter if you prefer
1/2 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic finely chopped
1 cup (*180ml cup) Arborio Rice
500ml Chicken Stock OR Stock of your choice *must be cold OR cooled
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine) OR Dry White Wine
Black Pepper as required
Salt as required *optional
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat Olive Oil (OR Butter) in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic for a few minutes. Remove from heat, add Arborio Rice, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add cold Chicken Stock (OR Stock of your choice) and Rice Wine (OR White Wine), and add some Black Pepper. *Note: Add some Salt if the Stock is not salted.
- *Note: If you want the texture of the Risotto wetter than it looks in the photo, add slightly more Stock, up to 1/4 cup.
- Press COOK’ button to start cooking. If your rice cooker has ‘Quit Cook’ setting, please use it.
- When rice is cooked, add Parmesan and Butter, and mix to combine. *Note: Add Salt if required after everything is cooked, but you won’t need it.
- Sprinkle with some extra Black Pepper and enjoy.