Based on my ‘Steamed Cream Cheese Cake’, I made a larger steamed cake. As I am such a big fan of Rum & Raisins (Sultanas), I added them to the cake. This ‘Steamed Cream Cheese Cake With Rum Raisins’ is so soft, moist and fluffy like a soufflé. And it is alcoholic, so it’s only for grown-ups.
4 Servings *Use 18cm OR smaller Round Tin
125g Cream Cheese *cut into smaller pieces
60g Butter *cut into smaller pieces
1/4 cup Cream
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2 Eggs *room temperature
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/4 cup Rum-steeped Raisins OR Sultanas
- Line the base and sides of a cake tin with baking paper. *Note: You can use a Bamboo Steamer if you have one. Use a large sheet of baking paper to line.
- Place Cream Cheese, Butter and Cream in a heat-proof bowl, cover with a plate, and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to warm and soften.
- Add Caster Sugar and Eggs, and use a whisk or hand blender to mix well until smooth. Add Self-Raising Flour and Rum-steeped Raisins OR Sultanas, and combine well.
- Heat the steamer with enough water to steam for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin, carefully place the tin into the steamer, cover with lid and cook for 30 minutes OR until cooked through. *Note: I recommend to wrap the lid with tea towel or large cloth, so that water won’t drip onto the cake.
- Enjoy the cake warm, though it’s still tasty when cold.