‘Somen’, Japanese Thin Noodles, can be substituted with Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta), and I often use Capellini. This is a very simple stir-fry dish, and naturally you can add any vegetables that you have in hand. A quick & easy lunch menu for me.
100g Thinly Sliced Pork *cut into small pieces
1 small clove Garlic *finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 thick Spring Onions *thinly sliced diagonally
Some additional Vegetables *Today I added Carrot and Shiitake Mushrooms
Salt & Pepper
1 Serving Somen Noodles OR Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta)
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) *optional
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Water
1/2 tablespoon Mirin
1/8 teaspoon Dashi Powder
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Pork, Garlic and additional Vegetables that require longer time to cook, such as Carrot. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook Somen (OR Capellini) until firmly cooked, and drain. *Note: I recommend to rinse Somen to remove starch, then drain well.
- Add Spring Onion and any Vegetables that can be cooked quickly to the frying pan, add the sauce and combine, then add drained Somen (OR Capellini) and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) if you like it, and enjoy.