I actually don’t like SPAM. I don’t like the sausages that are made of similar meat, either. So, I don’t buy it, but I was given a can of SPAM, and I didn’t want to waste it. I tried to make it into a rice bowl dish. SPAM lovers would enjoy this dish.
110g SPAM *I used 1/3 of a can
Salad Vegetables OR Green Vegetables
*e.g. Lettuce, Cucumber, cooked Broccoli, cooked Asparagus, Baby Spinach, etc.
1 serving Cooked Rice *warmed
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix)
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Mirin
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook Egg as you like. You can use a boiled Egg. The easiest method is cook it in a small frying pan, before you cook SPAM, into sunny-side up or scrambled.
- Cut SPAM into bite-size pieces. Cook in a small non-stick frying pan over medium low heat until nicely browned all over. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Add the sauce and combine.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice and cover it with Vegetables of your choice, Egg and SPAM. Sprinkle with some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and Toasted Sesame Seeds. Add some Japanese Mayonnaise if you like it. *Note: I drizzled some Soy Sauce over the Egg.
Leave a Reply