I used to make these cookies without cinnamon. OriginalIy it was ‘Kinako’, finely ground roasted soy beans, and Muscovado Cookies. One day, my daughter told me that cinnamon would be good to add extra flavour to it. The result was great. 1 teaspoonful of ground Cinnamon really improved the flavour. I admit that my daughter’s instinct was good.
Dark Muscovado 1/2 cup
Small Egg 1
Plain Flour 1 & 1/4 cups
Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
Walnuts 1/2 cup *coarsely / finely chopped
- Beat softened Butter and Muscovado until well combined. Beat in Egg and mix well. Add Flour and Cinnamon, mix well, then add Walnuts and combine evenly.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface or baking sheet. Shape into a log and cut in half, make each log about 12cm long. Wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove and discard plastic wrap on the dough and slice into 1cm thick rounds. Place on the prepared tray. These cookies won’t spread much, so you only need 1 to 2cm room between them.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside on the tray to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.