If you have some leftover Coconut Milk, it’s perfect for this dessert. You would need 200ml Coconut Milk, but you can add other Milk and make 200ml in total. Today I had 100ml Coconut Milk, so I added 100ml ordinary Milk. This dessert is super easy to make if you have microwave. Jelly can be enjoyed with fresh Fruit OR pureed Fruit as a sauce. Today I enjoyed it with Muscovado Syrup, which is also very easy to make.
1 to 2 Servings
1 teaspoon Gelatine Powder
1 tablespoon Water
200ml Coconut Milk + Milk *You can increase the amount up to 250ml (1 cup) for softer jelly
2 teaspoons Sugar *add more if you like it sweeter
1 to 2 drops Vanilla Extract *optional
1 tablespoon Muscovado *OR Dark Brown Sugar, Palm Sugar, etc.
1/2 tablespoon Water
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into 1 tablespoon Water in a small bowl and soak while you are preparing Coconut Milk.
- Place Coconut Milk in a heat-proof measuring jug. If Coconut Milk is partially solidified, heat in the microwave and warm it up. It will become smooth.
- Add Milk and make 200ml (OR 250ml for softer jelly) in total. Add Sugar and Vanilla, and mix well.
- Melt Gelatine mixture in the microwave. It took 15 seconds using my 1000W microwave. You can do this process over hot water.
- Add the melted Gelatine mixture to the Coconut Milk mixture, and mix well until blended well. Pour the mixture into 1 OR 2 serving glasses and leave in the fridge for a few hours OR until set.
- Enjoy Coconut Milk Jelly with fresh Fruit OR pureed Fruit, etc. Today I enjoyed it with Muscovado Syrup. The photo below is the same Coconut Milk Jelly served with pureed Mango.
- How to make Muscovado Syrup: Place Muscovado and Water in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave and bring to the boil. Stir, heat again, and stir well. Cool completely. The syrup will thicken when cooled. If you make more than 1 serving, see ‘Muscovado Syrup’ page.