Place my ‘Lazy Yakitori’ on the Freshly Cooked Rice to make this delicious rice bowl dish. My favourite ‘Yakitori’ is ‘Negima’, Chicken & Spring Onion, seasoned with just Salt and Pepper, however, for the rice bowl dish, ‘Tare’ Sauce version is the best.
300g Chicken Fillets *Today I used Thigh Fillets
Salt & White Pepper
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine)
1 teaspoon grated Ginger OR Garlic *optional
4 thick Spring Onions *use white & lighter colour parts, cut 3cm in length
Oil for cooking
2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix)
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon Sugar
- Cut Chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Add Sake, Salt and Pepper, massage and set aside for 10 minutes. You may wish to add some grated Ginger OR Garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine ‘Tare’ Sauce ingredients.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium to low heat, place Chicken and Spring Onion, and cook for 5 minutes (2-3 minutes for Breast Fillet), and DO NOT stir.
- Once the bottom is brown, turn them over and cook 5 minutes (2-3 minutes for Breast Fillet), again DO NOT stir.
- When Chicken is cooked, pour the ‘Tare’ Sauce over and combine, and that’s it!
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with Chicken and Spring Onion, and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and enjoy.