I had a bag of leftover 1 cup Almond Meal that was already mixed with 1/2 cup Caster Sugar. It’d been in the pantry for a while and I had to use it up. I was looking for a recipe that I could use it for, and found my ‘Sachi’s Coconut Cookies’ recipe. I replaced 1 cup Desiccated Coconut with 1 cup Almond Meal. The result was perfect. Here I have a new cookie recipe.
24 to 28 cookies
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 large Egg
1 cup Almond Meal
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
- Preheat oven to 170 to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat softened Butter and Sugar until smooth, add Egg and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add Almond Meal and Self-Raising Flour, and combine.
- Roll the dough into 3cm size balls and place on the prepared tray. It’s a good idea to place 1 Almond on each ball and press it down slightly. *Note: These cookies won’t melt and expand too much.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.