This is my daughter Sachi’s recipe. To be precise, this is the recipe that she learned at her school. I loved these cookies, so I asked her to write down the recipe in my recipe book, which will belong to her one day. There are many Coconut Cookie recipes out there, but I think this is the best one. I call this recipe ‘Sachi’s Coconut Cookies’.
24 to 30 cookies
Butter 125g *using less butter makes thicker & softer cookies!
Sugar 3/4 cup *1/2 cup is quite OK
Large Egg 1
Self-Raising Flour 1 cup
Desiccated Coconut 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 170 to 180°C. Line base of a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream softened Butter and Sugar together until smooth, then add Egg and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add Self-Raising Flour and Coconut and combine.
- Drop dough by heaped teaspoonfuls or about 2cm balls onto baking paper on tray. Cookies need plenty space around each because they will melt and go flat & large.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.