Clafoutis is a delicious dessert and it is easy to make. I often use soft fruit such as Cherries, Raspberries, Peaches, Ripe Pears, OR etc. Today I wanted to use Apples, but I didn’t want to bother pre-cooking them, so I sliced them thinly and combined with the batter. It turned out really good. This is how I made it.
6 to 8 Servings *I used 22.5cm Pie Dish
3 to 4 Apples
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Thickened Cream
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Plain Flour
30g Butter *melted
Extra Butter & Caster Sugar to coat the pie dish
Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Butter a pie dish and add a small amount of Caster Sugar to coat, shaking out any excess Sugar. *I used 22.5cm Pie Dish.
- Place Sugar, Salt, Eggs, Cream, Vanilla Extract in a bowl, mix with a whisk, sift in Flour and mix well until smooth. Add melted Butter and combine well.
- Peel Apples, cut each Apple into 4 wedges, remove the core, then thinly slice. Add to the batter and combine well. *Note: Some Apples don’t get soft quickly and not suitable for this method. You need to pre-cook those Apples.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish, spread evenly, and bake for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar before serve and enjoy warm or cold. I like it cold.