I love the black coloured rice such as Wild rice and Black rice. They have chewy texture and rich nutty flavour. This dish can be probably categorised as a rice salad dish, but it tastes good both warm and cold. Add plenty of mushrooms of your choice. I use dried mushrooms because I like the texture, but naturally you can use fresh ones.
Black Rice 1 cup *250ml cup
Water 2 cups
Dried Asian Mushrooms 100g *I use a packet of Assorted Dried Mushroom Mix
Garlic 1 clover *finely chopped
Canola Oil OR Sesame Oil 1 tablespoon
Soy Sauce 1 to 2 tablespoons
Ponzu 2 tablespoons
Spring Onions 2 *finely chopped
Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Cook Black Rice according to the instruction on the package. I just cook 1 cup of Black Rice with 2 cups of water in the rice cooker.
- Soak Dried Mushrooms in water and drain when soft. Cut into small pieces if very large.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook softened Mushrooms and Garlic, season with Soy Sauce.
- Combine cooked Black Rice and Mushrooms in a bowl, add Ponzu and mix well.
- Sprinkle finely sliced Spring Onions and Toasted Sesame Seeds over and serve.
- Instead of Spring Onions, fresh Asian herbs such as Coriander and Shiso are also nice.