My daughter bought 1L Fresh Cream intending to make Butter by herself. But she fell sick and came home with the Cream, that was close to the use-by date, asking me to use it for something. Suddenly I got a task to use up a lot of Cream. So, I decided to make Butter for the first time in my life. I knew how to make it, but I never tried. I used Bamix to beat Cream and it was a bad decision, because it was a bloody hard work. If you have a food processor, I recommend to use it.
2 cups (500ml) Fresh Cream
Salt *optional, I added 1/4 teaspoon
- All you have to do is beating Cream until it separates. I recommend to use a food processor. You can use an electric mixer OR stand mixer. I have tried with Bamix and it was a very hard work.
- Place a sieve over a bowl, pour the separated Cream, and drain the liquid.
- The liquid is Buttermilk. Save it in the fridge and use it for cooking and baking. You can make lovely pancakes and scones using Buttermilk.
- Place the Butter in a small bowl and press to remove excess liquid. You can use your hands to squeeze it.
- Add Salt and mix well. While you are mixing it, more liquid might come out. You can discard it. Enjoy your homemade Butter and store it in the fridge.
- *Note: The yellow colour occurred naturally, however, your Butter might turn out white.