Nutritious and yummy meals can be made cheaply. To cook this curry, you only need 3 main ingredients, 1 small Canned Tuna, 1 Onion and 1 cup Frozen Peas. I use ‘Tuna in Springwater’ for this dish. If you use ‘Tuna in Brine’, you need to alter the amount of Soy Sauce because the Tuna is salty.
1 tablespoon Oil *OR Butter
1 Onion *cut into small pieces
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 teaspoon grated Ginger
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
1 tablespoon Plain Flour
1 cup Chicken Stock *OR Stock of your choice
1 cup Frozen Peas
1 (*95g) canned Tuna
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
Salt as required
2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
- Heat Oil (OR Butter) in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic until soft. If you could patiently cook until browned, the flavour would be nicer.
- Add grated Ginger, and add Curry Powder and Flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock and Frozen Peas, and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring, until Peas are cooked. Finally add the canned Tuna and water in the can. Stir to combine.
- Season with Soy Sauce and Salt as required. *Note: The amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of the Stock and the Tuna. Season to suite your taste.
- Serve with freshly cooked Rice.