On the other day I cooked ‘Pork & Beans’, but replacing Pork with Chicken, and it was delicious. If you don’t eat Pork with any reasons, you may wish to try this ‘Chicken & Beans’. I added more Vegetables and Tabasco, and this dish turned out absolutely divine!!!
500g Chicken Thigh Fillets *cut into chunky pieces
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 to 2 tablespoons Butter OR Vegetable Oil
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 stalk Celery
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine) OR White Wine *optional
1 can (400g) Tomatoes
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 Bay Leaf
1 can (400g) Beans *Butter Beans, Cannellini Beans, Mixed Beans, etc.
2 to 4 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins)
Tabasco OR Ground Chilli as required *optional
Salt & Pepper
Finely Chopped Parsley
- Prepare vegetables. Cut Onion, Carrot and Celery into small pieces.
- Lightly season Chicken pieces with Salt & Pepper, then coat with Plain Flour. Heat Butter (OR Oil) in a casserole pot over medium heat, cook Chicken.
- When Chicken pieces are browned, add Garlic and other vegetables, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add Sake (Rice Wine) OR White Wine and stir, then add Tomatoes, Chicken Stock and Bay Leaf. Cook for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally. Add Ketchup, Worcestershire, Tabasco OR Chilli that is optional, and season with Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped Parsley and enjoy with crusty bread OR chips (fried potatoes).