Chicken Breast or Tenderloin fillets are healthy and nutritious protein. I usually cook them in salted water with some slices of fresh Ginger OR quickly cook in the microwave. When I use them for salad, I always tear into strips instead of cutting or slicing them, but it’s up to you.
1 Chicken Breast Fillet *OR 4 to 5 Tenderloin Fillets
A few slices Ginger
1 Cucumber *large continental cucumber
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 small piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips OR grated
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
Chilli *fresh or dry as required
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Tear Chicken Breast Fillet into 2 to 3 pieces so that they will cook more quickly. Cook the Chicken pieces in boiling salted water with a few thin slices fresh Ginger. When cooked, allow to cool in the water.
- *Alternatively, you can quickly cook them in the microwave. Place Ginger slices and the torn Chicken pieces in a heat-proof bowl, sprinkle a pinch of Salt and 1-2 teaspoons Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water, cover the bowl with a small plate, and cook in the microwave at 50% power OR at 600W for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for 1 minutes. Allow it to cool before handling.
- Cut Cucumber in half lengthways and slice diagonally (OR cut it as you like). Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Salt, add Ginger, and massage.
- When chicken pieces are cool enough to handle, take them out and tear into strips. Add to the Cucumber.
- Add all other ingredients and combine well.