The filling of my ‘Crumbed Chicken Patties’, that is inspired by Chicken Kyiv, is the mixture of Garlic, Parsley & Cheese. I started to use Cheese instead of Butter because Butter often leaks, and Cheese is easier to work with. But today, I used Butter. Just like Ukrainian Chicken Kyiv. Butter didn’t leak at all. When I cut the fried patty, melted Butter filling came out and it smelled REALLY GOOD!!!
500g Chicken Mince
*Note: Finely minced Chicken Breast could be too soft to handle. Please read the notes in the method section.
1 Onion *finely chopped
*Note: It’s a good idea to microwave the finely chopped Onion for 1 minutes to soften
1/2 cup ‘Panko’ Breadcrumbs
*Note: Crumbled Firm Tofu can be used instead of ‘Panko’
1/2 Egg *whisked
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Ground Pepper to taste
Oil for frying
Garlic & Parsley Butter
2 cloves Garlic *grated OR minced
60g Butter *softened
2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
2-3 tablespoons Plain Flour *add more if needed
1 Egg *whisked
2/3 cup ‘Panko’ Breadcrumbs
- To make Garlic & Parsley Butter, combine softened Butter, Garlic and Parsley in a small bowl. Wrap it with plastic food wrap, and cool in the fridge or freezer until firm. Divide the mixture into 4 portions, form into thin rounds or oblongs. *Note: Keep in the fridge until use.
- Place Chicken Mince and finely chopped Onion in a large bowl, add Panko, Egg, Salt and Pepper, and mix well. *Note: If the mixture is too soft, add some extra Panko.
- Divide into 4 portions. Take 1 portion of Chicken mixture. Halve the mixture, place 1 Garlic & Parsley Butter in centre, and cover with the other half, seal well, and shape it into a round or oblong. Flatten slightly.
- *Note: If the mixture is very sticky, wetting your hands with water will help. Repeat with the remaining mixture and Garlic & Parsley Butter.
- Coat with Flour, then dip in lightly whisked Eggs to coat, and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs. *Note: If the mixture is too soft to handle, slightly freeze to firm up, so that coating would be easier.
- Fry in the deep Oil at about 170℃ for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Today I served with French Fries.
Leave a Reply