This is a ‘Chicken Kyiv’ inspired dish that is cheaper and more nutritious. Chicken Breast Fillets are quite pricy. Let’s use Chicken Mince. It’s easy to add any finely chopped Vegetables to the mince. For the filling, I have tried with Garlic & Parsley Butter just like ‘Chicken Kyiv’, but the Butter filling tends to leak. That’s why I fill with Garlic & Parsley Cheese instead. Delicious!!!
4 Servings (8 Patties)
500g Chicken Mince
1 Onion *finely chopped
*Note: Add more finely chopped vegetables
1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Ground Pepper to taste
Oil for frying
2 cloves Garlic *finely chopped
1 cup grated Tasty Cheese (Cheddar)
2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves *finely chopped
1/4 cup Plain Flour *add more if you need
1 & 1/2 Eggs *whisked
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Place Chicken Mince and finely chopped Onion in a large bowl, add Panko, Egg, Salt and Pepper, and mix well. If the mixture is too soft, add some extra Panko. Divide into 8 portions.
- In a separate bowl, combine Cheese, Garlic and Parsley. Make 8 rounds.
- Take 1 portion of Chicken mixture and shape it into a round, place 1 cheese filling in the centre, and enclose. Flatten slightly. If the chicken mixture is very sticky, wet your hands with water will help. Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture and cheese filling.
- Coat with Flour, then dip in lightly whisked Eggs to coat, and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Heat deep frying Oil to around 180℃ and fry the patties for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
Leave a Reply