Today is 5 March, 2022. Currently people in Ukraine are in the unthinkable tragic situation being under attack by Russian dictator Putin’s army, which invaded Ukraine on 24 February. I cooked this Ukrainian inspired dish today as I prayed for the people in Ukraine to survive this horror. May peace return to them very soon.
500g Chicken Mince
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 Onion *finely chopped
1/2 cup ‘Panko’ Breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Oil for cooking *I used Olive Oil.
Mushroom Sour Cream Sauce
1/2 Onion *finely chopped OR cut into small pieces
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
8 Mushrooms *about 180g, cut into small pieces OR thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Olive Oil OR Butter
100g Sour Cream
Salt & Black Pepper
1 tablespoon chopped Dill *You may prefer Thyme or Parsley
- To make Mushroom Sauce, heat Olive Oil (OR Butter) in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic, then add Mushrooms. Stir for a few minutes until softened.
- Add Sour Cream, season with Salt & Pepper, and stir for a minute. Finally add Dill (OR other Herb) and combine.
- Place Chicken Mince and other ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Divide into 8 portions, roll into balls, and flatten into rounds or oblongs.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan and cook until both sides are nicely browned and cooked though.
- Spoon some Mushroom Sauce over the cooked Chicken Patties and serve. Today I served with some steamed Vegetables and pan-fried Potato.
Leave a Reply