My ‘Basic Sweet Bread Dough’ is very versatile. Today I added Ground Cinnamon and Sultanas to make this delicious bread. You might wish to use Raisins rather than Sultanas. Orange Peel is a good addition.
Standard Loaf Tin
1/2 cup Warm Milk
2 teaspoons Dry Yeast
1 & 3/4 cups Bread Flour *plus extra for kneading
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Egg *lightly whisked
20g Butter *melted
1/2 to 1 cup Sultanas OR Raisins *Today I added 1 cup
- Place Warm Milk and Dry Yeast in a bowl, mix gently and set aside.
- Combine Bread Flour, Sugar, Salt and Cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the Yeast mixture, Egg and Butter. Mix well to form a soft dough. Add Sultanas (OR Raisins) and gently knead for 2 to 3 minutes, gradually adding extra Flour as required, until well combined.
- Cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Grease a loaf tin with Butter.
- Divide the dough into 3 even portions. Form each portion into a ball, place in the prepared loaf tin, and set aside in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. When the top gets too dark, cover with a sheet of foil.
- Remove from loaf tin to wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply