Coffee lovers would enjoy this coffee flavoured Panna Cotta. This recipe is almost identical to my Panna Cotta recipe. I simply replaced 1/2 of Milk with 1/2 cup strong Espresso. Instant Coffee Granules can be used. If you don’t have a bottle of Kahlúa, make a simple Coffee Syrup.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder *about 8g
2 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Strong Coffee
*Note: Alternatively, mix 1/2 cup Hot Water & 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Thickened Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Kahlúa *OR Coffee Syrup
1/4 cup Strong Coffee
2 to 3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place Strong Coffee, Milk, Sugar and Vanilla in a saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring, and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until gelatine dissolves, then add Cream and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Serve with Kahlúa OR Coffee Syrup. Coffee Syrup can be easily made by mixing the ingredients in a saucepan and cook for a few minutes. Cool completely before use.