I have received some positive comments about my ‘Creamy Tomato Garlic Prawns’. I am very happy that people enjoy the dish. However, there are some people who don’t like Tomato flavour. If you are one of them, why don’t you try this ‘Creamy Garlic Prawns’?
500g Uncooked Prawns
1 Onion *finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic *finely chopped
3 tablespoons Plain Flour
1/4 cup White Wine
1 cup Chicken Stock OR Seafood Stock
1/8 teaspoon Ground Chilli *OR as required
1/2 teaspoon Salt *alter the amount to suit your taste
White Pepper *OR Black Pepper
1/2 cup Cream
2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
Freshly Cooked Rice OR Crusty Bread to serve
- Prepare Prawns. If you use Frozen Prawns, thaw them thoroughly.
- Heat Butter in a large frying pan or pot over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic until soft. Add Plain Flour and stir to mix. Add white Wine and Stock, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Add Ground Chilli, and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Prawns. When Prawns are just cooked, add Cream and Parsley, and bring back to the boil. Check the flavour and add extra seasonings if required.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice OR nice crusty bread.