I have a small herb garden where a variety of herbs are growing. One of the best growing herbs is Thyme, which is the essential ingredient for this Mushroom Sauce. You may wish to use other herbs, but try with Thyme once. It would be absolutely delicious.
Onion 1 *finely sliced
Garlic 1 to 2 cloves *finely chopped
Canola Oil 2 tablespoons
Fresh Thyme Leaves 1 to 2 tablespoons
Butter 2 tablespoons *about 30g
Plain Flour 2 tablespoons
Chicken/Vegetable Stock 1 cup
Cream 1/2 cup
Salt & Pepper
Pasta of your choice 4 servings
- Clean the Mushrooms and cut them in half or slice into fairly thick pieces.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Onion and Garlic until lightly browned.
- Add Mushrooms and Thyme, and cook until Mushrooms are lightly browned. At this stage, Onions are quite dark brown and that’s OK.
- Make a space on the pan, melt Butter in the space, add Flour to mix with butter. Then add Stock and stir well.
- Season with Salt and Pepper. The amount of Salt and Pepper depends on the saltiness of the Stock and Butter you use.
- Add Cream and mix well. Serve with freshly cooked pasta of your choice.