I want to share another way you can cook an Instant ‘Soy Sauce’ Ramen. An extra effort is required, but it is worth it. Crispy Noodles with Stir-fry is my favourite dish and this is an attempt to create it using an Instant Ramen. If you are served this dish at a casual eatery, you won’t notice this is actually an Instant Ramen.
1 serving Instant ‘Soy Sauce’ Ramen
2 tablespoons Oil *I used Canola Oil
80g thinly sliced Meat OR Seafood *Today I used Pork, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 teaspoon grated Garlic *optional
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger *optional
About 100g Vegetables of your choice
*Note: Today I used Onion, Carrot, Shiitake Mushrooms, Cabbage.
Salt & Pepper
1 cup Water
1/2 of Soup and Seasonings that are included in the Instant Ramen package
1 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch *mixed with 1 tablespoon Water
- Prepare all ingredients. Cut all Vegetables into the strips and slices in the size that is easy to eat. In a small bowl, mix Potato Starch (OR Corn Starch) and Water.
- Bring enough water in the saucepan to the boil and cook Ramen Noodles until firmly cooked, then drain very well.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, non-stick pan preferred, spread the firmly cooked Noodles, cook until nicely golden, turn over, and cook the other side as well until nicely golden and crispy. You can turn over a few times. Drain the Oil and transfer to a serving plate.
- Remove excess Oil if required, and cook Meat (OR Seafood). Add Vegetable, add Garlic and Ginger as well if you add them, and stir. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper.
- When the Vegetables are nearly cooked, add Water and 1/2 of Soup and Seasonings that are included in the package. Taste the soup, and add more Soup and Seasonings if required.
- Add Potato Starch mixture and stir until the soup is thickened. Pour the mixture over the crispy Noodles, and enjoy immediately.