When I was living in Japan, this was the dish I ordered at the Chinese restaurants almost all the time. It was the dish of crispy golden brown fried noodles covered with delicious seafood & vegetable stir-fry. I recently discovered that I can easily make the crispy noodles by frying Uncooked Fresh Chinese Egg Noodles.
200g Uncooked Fresh Chinese Egg Noodles OR Ramen Noodles
Oil for frying
*Note: Already cooked or steamed noodles won’t turn absolutely crispy.
200g in total Pork, Chicken OR Seafood
*Note: Today I used Pork, Prawns and Squid
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 small piece Ginger *finely chopped or grated
1 cupful Vegetables *e.g. Carrot, Boy Choy, Cabbage, Won Bok, Shiitake, Bamboo Shoot, Onion, Broccoli, Capsicum, etc.
1-2 teaspoons Sesame Oil OR Oil of your choice
2 cups Chicken Stock *OR 2 cups Water & 1-2 teaspoons Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) OR Shoasing Wine
2 tablespoons Potato Starch Flour OR Corn Starch Flour *mixed with 3 to 4 tablespoons Water
- First, you make crispy noodles. You can serve the amount for 2 people in a large serving plate, or individually. If serve individually, place 1 serving of fresh Noodles on a plate, loosen the noodles and form into a round shape.
- Heat Oil, that is enough to cover the noodles, in a wok or small frying pan over the medium heat. Slide the noodles into about 170℃ Oil and fry. When edges are hardened, carefully turn them over using tongs or chopsticks, and fry until both sides are golden and crispy. When noodles are cooked and crispy, place them on a rack and drain the excess oil. Then arrange the crispy noodles on a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine, Chicken Stock, Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Sake (Rice Wine) and Sugar. In a separate small bowl, combine Potato Starch Flour and Water.
- Cut all ingredients into the pieces and slices that are easy to eat. Heat Sesame Oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat, cook Pork or Chicken, and/or Seafood and vegetables. When cooked, add sauce and bring to the boil. Stir the Potato Starch mixture, gradually add, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick. You do not necessarily use all the potato starch mixture.
- Cover the crispy noodles with the stir-fried mixture and sauce and enjoy.