The rocket that is growing in my veggie garden has very bitter peppery flavour. That’s why I blanched the rocket to milden the flavour, but blanching is also good to reduce the volume of it. We can eat more so that we can take more nutrients from the green. If you use Baby Rocket leaves, you don’t need to blanch.
Daikon 1 medium size *about 500g
Rocket 150 to 200g
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Favourite Sesame Dressing Ingredients
Toasted Sesame Seeds 2 tablespoons *ground
Japanese Mayonnaise 3 tablespoons
Soy Sauce 2 teaspoons
Rice Vinegar 2 teaspoons
Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Peel and slice Daikon into 2 to 3mm thin strips. I usually use a slicer. Slicing it like noodles is another great way if you have the gadget. If you use a knife, slice diagonally 2 to 3mm thin, then slice into 2 to 3mm strips.
- Sprinkle the Salt and massage, rest for a while, then drain and squeeze to remove excess salty water.
- Wash the Rocket leaves and quickly blanch in boiling water. Alternatively place the leaves in a colander or a large strainer, and pour the boiled hot water carefully over the leaves evenly. Drain and pour cold water over to stop cooking further, and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients.
- Place the Daikon and Rocket leaves in a large bowl, add the dressing and mix well.
Just Rocket leaves version is also very good. Use whatever green veggie you like.
Leave a Reply