When I want to use up leftover Egg White, I often make ‘Langues de Chat’ Biscuits. Ingredients are easy to remember. You need same weight of 4 ingredients, that are Egg White, Butter, Sugar and Flour. Today I added Almond Flakes and baked the whole mixture into one large sheet. You can easily break it into small pieces.
*Note: First you weigh the Egg White. Today 1 Egg White weighed 34g. So I used same weight of each Butter, Sugar and Flour. Slightly more or less would be fine. Alter the amount accordingly.
1 Egg White *It weighed 34g. So I needed 34g of everything.
34g Caster Sugar
34g Butter *melted
34g Plain Flour
1/2 cup Almond Flakes *about 50g
*Note: The same wight of Almond Flakes, that is 34g in this case, would be fine. But you would wish to add more.
- Preheat the oven to 160℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat Egg White & Caster Sugar in a mixing bowl. You don’t need to whip it up. Add melted Butter and mix well, then add Flour and mix well.
- Add Almond Flakes and combine. Thinly and evenly spread the mixture over the prepared tray. Today I spread it into 25cm x 18cm in size.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned. Transfer to a cooling rack. Biscuits should become crispy as it cools. Break into small pieces.
- *Note: The photo below is the same Biscuit that I used the same weight 34g Almond Flakes.