I cooked Rice with Enoki. No other ingredients. It’s a very simple ‘Takikomigohan’ dish, that is a Japanese dish of Rice cooked with other ingredients and seasonings. If you like Enoki, you would enjoy it. I usually don’t precook ingredients when I make ‘Takikomigohan’, but I recommend to precook Enoki for this dish. The flavour would be much better.
300g Enoki Mushrooms
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
2 cups (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice
360ml Dashi Stock *OR 360ml Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder
Topping of your choice *e.g. Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix), grated Yuzu Rind, etc.
- Cut off the brown bottom of Enoki Mushrooms and clean them. Cut into 2 to 3cm length pieces.
- Heat Sake (Rice Wine), Soy Sauce and Mirin in a saucepan, add Enoki, and cook until Enoki is soft and combined with the sauce. It won’t take long at all. Set aside while you are preparing Rice.
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times. Drain well, and place Rice in the rice cooker’s inner pot, and Dashi Stock (OR Water and Dashi Powder).
- Place the Enoki mixture on top, and press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking. When the rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Then loosen and mix gently.
- Enjoy with some toppings of your choice. Today I added some Spring Onion.