I make birthday cake for my family members every year. My husband always wants a black forest cake for his birthday, but this year I didn’t want him to eat the high-calorie cake because of his health issue. So I made a fat-free cake for him this year. He hates healthy food and this cake is not his favourite, but I loved its delicate flavour. The filling fruit can be any fruit of your choice.
20cm Round Cake Tin
Caster Sugar 1/2 cup
Plain Flour 1/4 cup
Self-Raising Flour 1/4 cup
Corn Starch Flour 1/4 cup
Pear 2 *sliced and stewed
Milk 1 cup
Egg Yolks 3
Sugar 3 tablespoons
Plain Flour 2 tablespoons
Vanilla 1/2 teaspoon
- Line the base and side of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 170C.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the Eggs and Sugar for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Gradually sift combined Flours over the egg mixture while folding in with a large spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when gently touched. Turn out on wire rack. Carefully peel away baking paper, then leave to cool.
- Place all the custard ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until custard comes to the boil and thickens. Alternative Method: Place all the custard ingredients in a heat-proof bowl and mix well. Cook in a microwave at medium power about 600W for 1minute, and stir well using a whisk. Repeat this three times. Then cook for 30 seconds and whisk, repeat until cooked.
- Slice the cake in half and spread over a half of the custard, arrange sliced pear, then cover with remaining custard and sandwich with cake top.
- Dust with Icing Sugar and serve.
Leave a Reply