You can make healthy Chicken Balls even healthier by mixing Tofu with Chicken Mince. ‘Chicken & Tofu Burgers’ is an example and it is very popular in Japan. These ‘Tofu & Chicken Balls’ are best cooked in the boiling Stock, so that you would need no Oil at all. I often cook them in a soup and add some Noodles to it. It can be a very filling meal, but it is very low in calories. Make a lot and freeze leftovers.
4 to 5 Servings (32 Balls)
350g Chicken Breast Mince
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) *optional
250g Firm Tofu *finely crumbles
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
2 Spring Onions *finely chopped
*Note: Add extra ingredients such as Shiitake Mushrooms and Carrot
- Combine all ingredients well in a bowl. Roll mixture into balls. *Note: Chicken Mince can be sticky. Wet your hands with Water when you roll the mixture into balls.
- Cook Tofu & Chicken Balls in the boiling Chicken Stock OR Dashi Stock. When floating, cook a few more minutes.
- You can enjoy Tofu & Chicken Balls with your favourite sauce OR add them to a salad. It would be a good idea to cook them in stock with other Vegetables, season the stock as you like, and add Noodles such as Udon and Ramen.
- Teriyaki Flavoured Sauce goes very well with these Tofu & Chicken Balls. Combine the ingredients in a heat-proof bowl and cook in the microwave until thickens.
– 1 tablespoon Sugar
– 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
– 2 tablespoons Water
– 1/2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
– 1 teaspoon Corn Starch OR Potato Starch
Leave a Reply