My husband has recently become friends with a man whose family has its roots in Hungary. I thought about Hungarian cuisine. I don’t know much about it, but Hungarian Salami is famous. Then I created this recipe. It’s super easy, yet seriously delicious. SERIOUSLY!!!
3 large Potatoes *about 600g
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
4 Eggs *boiled and sliced
100 to 150g Hungarian Salami *thinly sliced
Butter OR Oil to grease the baking dish
Salt & Pepper
200ml Sour Cream
1 to 2 tablespoons Milk *optional
1 cup shredded Tasty Cheese *OR Cheddar Cheese
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a baking dish with a small amount of Butter OR Oil.
- If the Sour Cream you use is very thick, mix with 1 to 2 tablespoons Milk to loosen.
- Evenly arrange sliced 1 Potato in the prepared baking dish. Scatter 1/2 of the Onion slices, and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Arrange sliced 2 boiled Eggs and 1/2 of Salami slices. Drizzle 1/2 of the Sour Cream & Milk mixture over.
- Cover with sliced 1 Potato, sprinkle with Salt & Pepper, and gently press down into the dish.
- Cover with a lid or aluminium foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, scatter the shredded Tasty Cheese over, and bake for further 30 minutes or until Potatoes are cooked and top is golden.
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped Parsley and serve.
Leave a Reply