One of the most common ‘Ae-mono’, a type of Japanese salad, dressings is called ‘Sanbai-zu’ which is made with Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar and Sugar. Based on this dressing, I added Peanut Butter to create this Kale salad. My husband and son don’t like Kale, but they enjoy this salad even though Kale is uncooked. Interesting…
Carrot 1/2 to 1
Red Cabbage Leaves 2
Red Onion 1/4 *optional, thinly sliced
Toasted Peanuts *coarsely chopped
Peanuts Dressing Ingredients
Peanut Butter 1 tablespoon
Hot Water 1 tablespoon
Rice Vinegar 1 tablespoon
Sugar 1/2 tablespoon
Soy Sauce 1/2 to 1 tablespoon
Salt a pinch
Ra-yu (Chilli Oil) 1/4 teaspoon
- Remove thick hard stems from Kale. Thinly slice the leaves. Other vegetables are also thinly sliced.
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl and add a pinch of Salt and mix.
- Place the Peanut Butter in a small bowl, add Hot Water and mix well to loosen. Add the other dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the dressing and combine well.
- Sprinkle some coarsely chopped Toasted Peanuts and drizzle some more Ra-yu (if you like) and serve.