My husband still says he hates Chicken Breasts because they are dry. Chicken Breasts are not necessarily dry. That depends on how to cook them. For ‘Kara-age’ (Japanese Fried Chicken), marinate them this way. And follow this recipe. Fried Chicken Breasts will be juicy and tender.
2 skinless Chicken Breast Fillets *about 600g
1/4 cup Plain Flour
1/4 cup Potato Starch Flour
Oil for frying
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup Water
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Sugar *This does the magic!
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut Chicken Breast Filets into the size that is similar to medium-size egg. Add to the marinade, massage to combine, and set aside for 1 hour or longer. Overnight is good.
- Combine Plain Flour and Potato Starch Flour. Drain the Chicken and discard the marinade. Heat Oil to about 180℃.
- Coat each Chicken piece with flour mixture, remove excess flour, and fry in the oil for 3 minutes. Transfer to a rack. When all are fried, fry them again for 1 minute or until crispy.
- Sprinkle with some Salt & Pepper, and serve.
Leave a Reply