This is another ‘Takikomigohan’, a Japanese dish of Rice cooked with other ingredients and seasoning, but the flavour of this dish is not Japanese. I used Lemongrass to add flavours to the Rice. Lemongrass is South East Asian herb, so I use Jasmine Rice. I seasoned it with Fish Sauce instead of Soy Sauce. It is super easy to cook if you have a rice cooker. When the rice was cooked and I opened the lid, the smell was absolutely amazing. You got to try this recipe and smell the amazing smell.
250 to 300g Chicken Thigh Fillets *cut into small pieces
Salt & White Pepper
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 cups (*180ml cup) Jasmine Rice
1 Lemongrass *cut into 5-6cm pieces, thick parts crushed
Spring Onion OR Coriander Leaves for topping
- Cut Chicken into small pieces and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Place in a bowl, add Garlic, Lemon Juice and Fish Sauce, massage, and set aside.
- Cut Lemongrass into 5-6cm pieces and crush thick parts. If you can’t crush, make a cut lengthways, so that more flavours would come out.
- Wash Rice, drain, and place in the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add Water and place Chicken pieces with all the liquid. Finally place Lemongrass pieces on top. Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking.
- When the Rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Remove the Lemon grass pieces, and mix gently. *Note: Do not discard the Lemongrass pieces. They still have plenty of flavours and can be used to add its wonderful flavours to a soup.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped Spring Onion (OR fresh Coriander Leaves) and serve.
Leave a Reply