Matcha Cheesecake has become very popular all around the world. If you google it, you will see millions of photos of Matcha Cheesecake and many recipes as well. This cheesecake is based on my Super-Easy Cheesecake recipe. I simply added Matcha Powder to it. And I made an attempt to create Latte Art style decoration which was too hard for my shaky hands!
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
100g Arnott’s Choco Ripple Cookies *made into fine crumbles
*Note: Add a small amount of Cream or Milk if more moisture is needed.
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Cream
2 large Eggs
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 tablespoon Matcha Powder *plus extra
- Preheat the oven to 160℃. Line a 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper and cover the bottom with foil.
- For the base, mix crumbled Cookies and melted Butter until moist. Place into the cake tin and press firmly over the base.
- Process all ingredients until smooth. If you don’t have food processor, mix all ingredients very well using electric beater or hand mixer.
- Pour into the cake tin over the base but save small amount. Add some Matcha powder to the saved mixture and make it darker green. Using this mixture you can create decoration but it is optional.
- Place the tin in a roasting pan, pour boiling water to the pan about 2cm deep. Bake for 50 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely.
- *Note: This steam baking method is optional. You can bake this cake without hot water for drier result.