Once you know the ‘Basic Plain Cupcakes’ recipe, you can create a variety of cupcakes by adding extra ingredients. Today I added Matcha Powder to make these delicious Matcha flavoured cupcakes. The cream is ‘White Chocolate Cream’ with Matcha Powder added.
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1 tablespoon Matcha Powder
1/2 cup Milk
Matcha White Chocolate Cream
200g White Chocolate
1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cases.
- Beat softened Butter and Sugar until creamy. Add Eggs, one at a time, and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted SR Flour and Matcha Powder, and mix to combined, then add Milk and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into each case. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto wire rack to cool.
- Make Matcha White Chocolate Cream. Place White Chocolate and Cream in a large heat-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Sift in Matcha and mix well until smooth. Then cool.
- Use a whisk to beat the cooled mixture until creamy. *Note: You can add whipped extra 100ml Cream to the thickened Matcha White Chocolate Cream to make lighter and fluffy.
- Decorate the cakes with the cream.
Leave a Reply