By mixing 4 ingredients, you can make this delicious Matcha & White Chocolate Mousse. It’s so easy and anyone can make. Instead of setting the mousse in serving glasses, I made it into a cake this time. The base can be a slice of any cake of your choice or sweet biscuit base like a cheesecake base.
6 to 8 Servings
Egg Whites 3
Cream 1 cup
Bowl 3 (*Heat-proof Bowl)
White Chocolate 200 to 225g
Matcha Powder 1 tablespoon *mixed with 2 tablespoons Hot Water
- Bowl 1: Using the electric beaters, beat Egg Whites until stiff peaks form.
- Bowl 2: Using the same electric beaters, whip Cream. Do not worry some Egg White gets in the cream as you will mix everything together later.
- Bowl 3: Place White Chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and heat for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave until chocolate melts. (*Alternatively you can melt the white chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water.) Add the Matcha mixture and combine well.
- Add the whipped cream to the matcha & white chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites, and gently combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the serving glasses, place in the fridge and leave to set.
How To Make Matcha Mousse Cake
- Line a springform cake tin base and sides with baking paper. I used 20cm round cake tin.
- Make the base. Mix 100g Sweet Biscuits (crumbled to fine crumbs) and 50g melted Butter. Then press into the prepared tin. Refrigerate while you are making the Mousse. OR use a slice of cake for the base. See ‘Matcha Sponge Cake’.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, place in the fridge and leave to set.
- Sprinkle some Matcha Powder or the mix of Matcha Powder and Icing Sugar over the top and serve.
Leave a Reply