My ‘Miso Marinated Salmon’ is delicious. The same marinade can be used to marinate not only Fish but also Chicken and Pork. I added some Sugar to make the marinade sweeter for Chicken, but it is up to your preference. If you cook them in a frying pan, please note that Miso Marinated Chicken are easy to burn. Cook them cautiously. Today I baked them in the oven.
600 to 800g Chicken Fillets *Today I used Thigh Fillets
4 tablespoons Miso *White Miso OR lighter coloured Miso
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
2 tablespoons Mirin
1 tablespoon Sugar *alter the amount to suit your taste
1 small piece Ginger *grated
- Combine all the Miso Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add Chicken, coat evenly, and marinate for at least half an hour.
- Remove the marinade from the Chicken very well before you cook them. Do not waste the marinade. You can use it to season stir-fried Vegetables.
- If you cook them in a frying pan, oil the pan very lightly, and cook cautiously as they are easy to burn, until both sides are nicely browned and cooked through.
- If you bake them in the oven, preheat the oven to 220 to 230 ºC, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice and refreshing vegetable dishes.
Leave a Reply