For those who have limited access to Asian ingredients, ‘Capellini’ (Angel Hair Pasta) is the easiest and best option for the ‘Mock Ramen Soup’. You can use Thin Spaghetti instead. This ‘Mock Ramen Capellini Soup’ can be made with only widely available ingredients and it doesn’t take long to cook.
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil *OR Vegetable Oil
100g Chicken *sliced, OR thinly sliced Pork
400ml Chicken Stock *Use Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder if you have.
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) *optional
1 teaspoon grated Ginger
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
Salt & Finely Ground White Pepper
1 servings ‘Capellini’ (Angel Hair Pasta)
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
1 Boiled Egg OR Microwaved Egg (*See my ‘Onsen Tamago’ recipe)
- Prepare Spring Onion and Egg before you start cooking the soup. Get all the ingredients ready to use, and get a large serving bowl ready as well.
- Heat Oil in a pot over medium heat and cook sliced Chicken (OR thinly sliced Pork), and lightly season with Salt & Finely Ground White Pepper. When colour is changed, add Chicken Stock, Sake (Rice Wine), grated Ginger and Soy Sauce, and bring to the boil.
- Add ‘Capellini’ (Angel Hair Pasta) to the soup. It won’t take long to cook. It usually takes 4-5 minutes.
- Before ‘Capellini’ are cooked, taste the soup and add extra Salt and Finely Ground White Pepper as required. Stop cooking when ‘Capellini’ are cooked ‘al dente’.
- Pour into the serving bowl, place the Egg and Spring Onion on top, and enjoy immediately.
- *Note: Regarding the above photo, there was more soup in the bowl, but the noodles absorbed the soup and quickly became softer. Stop cooking at ‘al dente’ and enjoy it immediately.
Leave a Reply