‘Brownies’ is a delicious cake but it is not quick & easy to make. If it is just for you, Mug Brownie is a good option. It tastes great and it takes no more than 5 minutes to make it. Very energy efficient. I thought it would taste better when cooled, but I couldn’t wait. I enjoyed it with Cream.
1 Serving *I used 380ml mug
20g (about 2 tablespoonfuls) Dark Chocolate Chips *OR a chunk of Chocolate
1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 pinch Salt
Vanilla Extract OR Rum *optional
1 small Egg
1 tablespoon Plain Flour *It’s not error. Just 1 tablespoon!
1 pinch Bi-Carb Soda
Extra 1 tablespoon Chocolate Chips for topping
- Place Butter and Dark Chocolate Chips in a mug, microwave for 20-30 seconds OR until Butter melts. Stir well until smooth.
- Add Cocoa Powder, Brown Sugar, Salt and a few drops Vanilla Extract (OR Rum), and mix well. Add Egg and mix well.
- Add Flour and Bi-Carb Soda, mix well until smooth. Then scatter some extra Chocolate Chips on top.
- Microwave for 1 to 1 & 1/2 minutes OR until cooked. *Note: Try not to over-cook it as the cake turns dry. I used 1000W microwave and cooked for 1 minute & 20 seconds.
- I recommend to enjoy this Mug Brownie with Cream OR Ice Cream.
Leave a Reply