I had a large Mango in the fridge and I knew we needed to eat it soon. Then my husband bought two Mangos, and there were three. That’s enough to make this delicious dessert. It is not difficult to make, but it takes time. If you make it in the morning, it will be ready in the evening. This is a perfect dessert on a hot summer day.
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
100g Sweet Biscuits *I used Marie Biscuits
*Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits might need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream or Milk.
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder *add extra 1/4 teaspoon for firmer texture
1/2 cup Milk
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 large Mango *about 1 cup Puree
1/2 cup Thickened Cream OR Heavy Cream *whipped
Mango Jelly Topping
2 tablespoons Water
1 teaspoon Gelatine Powder
1/2 cup Mango Puree
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar *optional
- Crush OR process Sweet Biscuits into fine crumbs. I used a tough plastic bag and a rolling pin. Combine crumbled Biscuits and melted Butter until moist crumbs. If too dry, add a small amount of Cream or Milk.
- Line the base and sides of a springform cake tin with baking paper, place the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base. Set aside in the fridge while you are preparing Cheesecake Filling.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. Heat Milk in a small saucepan and bring close to the boil, and remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves.
- Peel and stone a Mango, cut roughly and place all pulp and juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. (I used a stick blender.)
- Whip Cream until soft peaks form.
- In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine softened Cream Cheese, Sugar and Lemon Juice. Add the Milk & Gelatine mixture and Mango Puree, and mix well. Add the whipped Cream and combine well. Pour over the base in the cake tin. Leave it in the fridge until firmly set.
- When Cheesecake Filling is firmly set, make Mango Jelly Topping. You need 1/2 cup Puree and that would be 1/2 to 2/3 large Mango. Use the rest for decoration.
- Soak Gelatine Powder in Water for 5 minutes. Heat in the microwave OR over simmering water, and melt the Gelatine. Try not to boil it. Add the melted Gelatine to Mango Puree and mix well. Add Sugar if required.
- Pour the Mango Jelly onto the top of the Cheesecake, and spread evenly. Cool in fridge until Mango Jelly is completely set.
- Decorated the cake as you like before you serve. I used Mango and Blueberries for the decoration. You may wish to use Whipped Cream, Passionfruit, etc.