My ‘Basic Oven-Baked Pilaf’ recipe is very versatile. I added Curry Powder to it and used White Fish Fillets for this dish. I often use rice cooker to cook rice dishes, but I know many people don’t have rice cooker. Oven-baking is so easy, and it is very suitable for cooking pilaf.
300g White Fish Fillets
Salt & Pepper
Curry Powder *Today I used Asian Curry Powder
2 tablespoons Olive Oil *OR Oil of your choice
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 small piece Ginger *finely chopped or grated
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
2 cups (*180ml cup) Long Grain White Rice *rinsed
500ml Chicken Stock / Vegetable Stock
1/4 teaspoon Salt *OR as required
1/2 cup Peas *thawed
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Lightly season White Fish Fillets with Salt & Pepper, sprinkle with some Curry Powder, and set aside.
- Heat Oil in an oven-safe shallow saucepan or a skillet over medium heat and cook Onion and Garlic until soft.
- Add Rice and stir for 1-2 minutes or until coated with the oil and lightly toasted. Add Curry Powder and stir. Add the stock and stir, and bring to the boil. Place Fish Fillets on the rice. Cover with the lid or cover tightly with foil.
- Place in the oven, and cook for 15-20 minutes. You may wish to brown the top by baking without the lid for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle thawed Peas and mix to combine.