The other day, I saw a video of a woman grilling Rice Paper over hot charcoal and making something that looked absolutely yummy. It seems it was a popular Vietnamese street food. I tried to recreate a similar thing using a frying pan. The essentail ingredients are Rice Paper and Egg, then you can add whatever you want. This is a super quick & easy snack. Possibilities are endless.
1 sheet Rice Paper
Sweet Chilli Sauce to serve *OR your favourite sauce
Cooked Pork Mince (see ‘Method 2’), Dried Shrimps, Spring Onion, Fried Shallots, Ham, Roast Pork, Cooked Chicken, Cooked Sausage, Shredded Cheese, etc.
- Choose the additional ingredients that are already cooked and seasoned, OR vegetables such as Spring Onion that can be cooked very quickly. Cut all ingredients into very small pieces.
- How to prepare Pork Mince: Cook 100g Pork Mince in a small frying pan and season with 1/2 teaspoon Sugar, 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Soy Sauce and some Pepper. OR you can season it as you like. *Note: This amount is enough for 2-3 servings.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and place Rice Paper. Rice Paper will curl up.
- Place Egg on the Rice Paper and spread it all over it. This makes Rice Paper soft. Scatter the additional ingredients. Today I added Cooked Pork Mince, Dried Shrimps, Spring Onion and Fried Shallots.
- When Egg is cooked, Rice Paper should be soft by then, fold in half and keep cooking until Rice Paper is crispy.
- Cut in half if you prefer, and enjoy with Sweet Chilli Sauce OR your favourite sauce.