This is another variation of my Pound Cake, that is made of 125g of each Butter, Sugar, Eggs and Flour. Just like my Lemon Pound Cake, I poured Passionfruit Syrup over the hot cake. This cake tastes nicer when cooled and rested.
Standard Loaf Tin
125g (OR 1/2 cup) Caster Sugar
3 Eggs (about 125g) *must be at room temperature
125g Self-Raising Flour
2 Passionfruit *You should get 60 to 90ml pulp
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar *add extra if required
2 tablespoon Water
*Note: Depending on the sourness of the Passionfruit pulp, 1-2 teaspoons Lemon Juice might improve the flavour.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Beat the softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until creamy. Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add Flour and combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the surface. *Note: I spread the middle part thinner and the edges thicker.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Insert a skewer into the hot cake all over and make lots of holes.
- Mix Passionfruit Pulp, Sugar and Water, and use a spoon to pour the syrup over the hot cake evenly. Leave the cake in the tin until completely cool.
- *Note: Alternatively, you can strain the Passionfruit Pulp and remove seeds. Add Caster Sugar and Water to the juice and mix well to make syrup. You may wish to add some seeds for the presentation. See the photo below.
Leave a Reply