This playdough is great fun to play with and it’s great fun to make it. My son was always very creative and enjoyed making things with a variety of materials when young. Playdough was an essential material for him, and now he has grown up to be an artist.
Plain Flour 1 cup
Sakt 1/2 cup
Cream Of Tartar 1 tablespoon *essential, do not omit
Water 1 cup
Oil 1 tablespoon (15ml)
- Place Plain Flour, Salt and Cream Of Tartar in a large saucepan or pot, and mix well.
- Combine Water and a few drops of Food Colour in a large jug. Microwave for 1 minute to warm up.
- Add Oil and the coloured warm water to the dry ingredients in the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Continue stirring the mixture over medium heat until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and knead until smooth. Allow to cool before use.
- Store in an airtight container or a ziplock bag. This dough last several months.