My lates craze is Sweet Miso Sauce. I have been cooking many things in the sweet Miso flavour. Fish, Chicken, Pork, Tofu, Vegetables, Mushrooms, and so many things go very well with this flavour. And Sweet Miso Sauce is easy to make. You only need Miso, Sugar and a little bit of Soy Sauce depending on the saltiness of the Miso you use. The mixture can be too thick to use, so you need to add some Mirin, Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water. Depending on the ingredients, you can add grated Ginger, Garlic, Chilli, OR etc.
1 serving Spaghetti
1 teaspoon Oil *I used Sesame Oil
1/4 Onion *thinly sliced
1 to 2 leaves Cabbage
50-60g thinly sliced Pork *cut into bite-size pieces
1 Spring Onion *finely chop a green part, and cut the rest into bite-size pieces
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) *optional
Sweet Miso Sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
1 tablespoon Miso *I used White Miso
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Mirin
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce *alter the amount
- Cook Spaghetti in salted water according to the instruction.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare ingredients. Chop up a green part of Spring Onion finely and that is for topping, and cut the rest into bite-size pieces.
- When Spaghetti is nearly cooked, heat Oil in a frying pan, cook Vegetables and Pork. When cooked, adds the Sauce and stir to combine.
- Drain Spaghetti and add to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped Spring Onion and some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix), and enjoy.