Have you ever tried Japanese ‘Curry Udon’? The authentic Curry Udon has Japanese soup flavour because the curry mixture is made with dashi-based udon soup. I made this ‘Pork Curry Don’ in the same way. Pork can be replaced with other protein, but I like Pork the best for this dish.
200g Pork *Pork Belly recommended, thinly sliced
1 pinch Salt
2 thick & large Spring Onions
4-5 Black Fungus *OR some Shiitake, Shimeji, etc.
2 teaspoons Curry Powder
2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
1 cup Water
1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
2 teaspoons Potato Starch Flour
- Thinly slice Pork, add 1 pinch Salt and massage.
- Soak Dried Black Fungus in cold/warm water until softened. Wash very well, drain and cut into small pieces. Slice Spring Onions diagonally.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat, apply small amount Oil only if required, cook thinly sliced Pork, then add Spring Onion and Black Fungus.
- When Spring Onions are softened, stir the sauce mixture very well and add to the frying pan. Stir well until the sauce is thickened and well combine.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice, and cover with the pork curry mixture.