This is another super quick & easy soup that you can cook with Dry ‘Harusame’ Noodles, aka ‘Bean Vermicelli’ OR ‘Thread Noodles’. I love to add ‘Harusame’ to soups as it makes the soups more filling and just one bowl of soup can be a meal. Today I added Pearl Barley as well, but already cooked Pearl Barley. It’s so comforting and filling.
300ml Chicken Stock *OR 300ml Water & 1 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
1 leaf Wombok
80g thinly sliced Pork Belly *cut into bite-size pieces
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
Salt & White Pepper
1/4 cup Cooked Pearl Barley *optional
40g Dry ‘Harusame’ Noodles (Bean Thread Noodles)
1/2 Spring Onion *diagonally thinly sliced
- In a measuring jug OR bowl, combine Chicken Stock, Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce.
- Cut Wombok leaf into 1cm wide pieces, and separate hard white parts and soft parts. Prepare Pork and Spring Onion, and all other ingredients ready to use.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a saucepan, and cook Pork and the hard white parts of Wombok. When Pork has changed colour, add the Chicken Stock mixture and Cooked Pearl Barley, and bring to the boil.
- Taste the soup, and add Salt & White Pepper as required.
- Add Dry ‘Harusame’ Noodles. The noodles will get soft very quickly. Add the soft parts of Wombok and Spring Onion, bring back to the boil, and cook until Wombok and Spring Onion are soft.