Make no comment about the wiggly Ketchup, please! I have shaky hands. This dish is similar to ‘Omu-rice (Omelette Rice)’ but much easier to prepare. Beef Mince can be replaced with thinly sliced off-cut Beef or Pork, but you can actually cook whatever you like. This is a great dish particularly for children.
4 Eggs *2 eggs per serving
1 Large Potato *diced
120g Beef Mince *1/4 of 500g pack
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
1 small clove Garlic *minced
2 Shiitake Mushrooms *thinly sliced
*Note: Cook whatever you like such as Common Mushrooms, Spinach, Carrot, Cheese, etc.
Oil for cooking
Salt & Pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Cook diced Potato in salted water or using Microwave until soft.
- Heat 1 teaspoon Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Mince, Onion, Garlic and Shiitake. When cooked, add the cooked Potato and season with Salt, Pepper and Soy Sauce. Transfer to a plate.
- You will cook two omelettes separately. Place 2 Eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk, season with 1 pinch of Salt. Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan, cook the egg mixture to form a flat round soft omelette. Do not need to turn over.
- Place a half of the mince mixture on the omelette, fold the omelette to cover the mixture, then slowly move it to the edge of the pan and transfer it onto the plate.
- Drizzle plenty of Tomato Sauce Ketchup on top and serve.