Do you have some leftover cooked Prawns OR uncooked Prawns? Try this simple dish. It is absolutely delicious. If you use uncooked Prawns, I recommend to boil them in salted water and drain, rather than cooking them with Egg. It won’t take long to cook this dish. Before you start cooking Egg, you must prepare everything.
4 Eggs *2 Eggs per serving
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Salt & White Pepper
A few drops Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons Oil *It seems a lot but you need this amount.
120g Shelled Prawns *cleaned and deveined
*Note: Already cooked and shelled Prawns are perfect to use
Sweet & Sour Sauce
100ml Chicken Stock *OR 100ml Water & 1/3 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
Salt *optional, if Chicken Stock is not salted
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar *add extra if you like it more sour
1/2 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch
- If you use uncooked Prawns, cook in the boiling salted water, then drain. *Note: DO NOT over-cook Prawns.
- Place all the Sauce ingredients in a saucepan and mix well.
- Place Eggs and Spring Onion in a bowl, season with Salt and White Pepper, add Sesame Oil, and whisk to combine.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan, non-stick preferred, over medium high heat, cook Egg mixture, then add Prawns, and combine as you try to trap Prawns in the Egg. When the Egg mixture is softly cooked, it is done. It won’t take long at all.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce, stirring well, and bring to the boil. It is ready when thickened. *Note: Add extra Starch, a very small amount should be enough, that is mixed with water if you wish to make the sauce thicker.
- Place Prawns and Egg in a serving deep plate and cover with the sauce. Enjoy with freshly cooked Rice.