My ‘Cherry Clafoutis’ recipe is really versatile and the simple batter can be baked with a variety of fruit. Today I used Raspberries. As Raspberries were quite sour, I added extra Sugar. Clafoutis is an absolutely easy and delicious dessert to make.
Raspberries *enough to cover the pie dish, about 150g
1/3 cup Caster Sugar
1 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Thickened Cream
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Plain Flour
30g Butter *melted
Extra Butter for greasing & Caster Sugar
Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170C. Butter a pie dish and add a small amount of Caster Sugar to coat, shaking out any excess. *I used 22.5cm Pie Dish
- Arrange Raspberries in the pie dish.
- Place Sugar, Salt, Eggs, Cream, Vanilla Extract in a bowl, mix with a whisk, sift in Flour and mix well until smooth. Add melted Butter and combine well.
- Pour the mixture in the pie dish, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar before serve and enjoy warm or cold. I like it cold.